- Dine at Quito’s top restaurants
- Hike through a cloud forest
- Explore the Galápagos Islands aboard a superyacht
- Snorkel with penguins and sea lions
- Relax at a historic hacienda in the highlands
Follow in Our Footsteps
Duration: 20 Days
Visiting only the Galápagos Islands and skipping the rest of Ecuador seems a shame, especially now that the mainland has several world-class hotels and resorts. The itinerary below combines my favorite properties in the country with a luxurious seven-day cruise, creating an enviable vacation that incorporates vastly different natural environments as well as appealing urban attractions like fascinating museums, centuries-old churches and contemporary art galleries in the capital, Quito.