- Enjoy incredible seafood at our favorite local restaurants
- Visit five local breweries
- Go kayaking off Whidbey Island
- Hike to the top of Mount Grant
- Visit Seattle's best museums
- Observe pods of orcas on half- or full-day kayak trips
Follow in Our Footsteps
Seattle has one of the most picturesque settings of any large city in the United States, and it offers easy access to some of the country’s most impressive landscapes. An itinerary combining the civilized pleasures of the city with the natural beauty of the San Juan Islands would make an ideal vacation.This itinerary includes two of my favorite hotels in Seattle, allowing you to conveniently explore different parts of the city, as well as my two favorite hotels in the endlessly scenic archipelago just to the northwest. The best time of year to visit is May through September, when the rain gives way to (almost) reliable sunshine and the whale watching is at its peak. Also keep in mind that some of the top restaurants in the islands are not open all week long.