- Take a luxury boat cruise through the Bay of Islands
- Explore White Island and Mount Tarawera with a volcanic helicopter safari
- Enjoy a fly-fishing excursion in Taupo
- Discover one of New Zealand’s most endangered and rare birds, the kiwi
- Take a private guided cycling wine tour
- Kayak through the remote Pigeon Bay inlet
- Lift off to enjoy a Milford Sound helicopter excursion with a glacier landing
Follow in our Footsteps
A Family-Friendly Adventure
Peaceful and hospitable, New Zealand seems blessedly detached from the planet’s woes. Its two narrow islands contain coastal and mountain scenery that is nothing short of breathtaking.
This 15-day itinerary encompasses many of New Zealand’s most memorable highlights. Start in the spectacular Bay of Islands archipelago, which you explore by private yacht (and by helicopter or horseback if you like). Move south to Taupo for a scenic private flight around an active volcano, fly-fishing in an unspoiled backcountry stream and perhaps some whitewater rafting. Tour the world-class wineries near Hawke’s Bay by private car or bike, kayak in sheltered Pigeon Bay and, in Queenstown, land on a glacier in a helicopter before flying to a scenic (and ordinarily inaccessible) spot for a wilderness picnic.
If you’ve never been to New Zealand, this introduction is hard to top. And if you’re lucky enough to have visited before, these 15 days include numerous activity choices, ensuring that you won't have to repeat anything from a previous trip. Unless, of course, you want to.